Deposit by Mobile Phone
Want to deposit a check? Once you have downloaded the Optima Bank & Trust Mobile Banking app, it’s as simple as taking a picture of the front and back of your endorsed check.
Optima Bank also offers a stand-alone application, Optima Deposit, for those iPhone TM and Android users who do not want to opt for the full array of mobile banking features, but would like to deposit checks remotely.
Demand deposit and savings accounts may be set up for Remote Deposit Anywhere (RDA). RDA is not available for CDs, IRAs, Health Savings Accounts or loans, although they are all visible in the mobile app.
How it Works
Depositing a check is as easy as taking a photo of the front and back of an endorsed check and then depositing it into the account you choose.
To deposit a check you have to follow a few simple steps:
- Select Deposits;
- Enter the check amount;
- Choose the Account to which you’d like to deposit;
- Select Capture beside Check Front, then take a picture of the front of the check, making sure all four corners of the check are visible and that the image is in focus.
- Once the photo is taken, you may either choose to Use or Retake.
- Do the same for the back of the check. Select Capture next to Check Back and take a picture, make sure you have endorsed the back of the check before taking the photo.
- Next select Deposit Check.
- You will see a confirmation screen summarizing your deposit. You also will receive a confirmation email for each successful deposit.
- If any changes were made to the deposit they will be explained in the email. For example, if the check amount was entered incorrectly, the correct amount will be noted in the email.
- If the deposit is not successful you will receive an error message on your screen.
- Deposits made before 8:00 p.m. EST will post the next business day.