We are always looking for talented professionals to join our diverse and motivated staff. At Optima Bank & Trust youíll find a culture that promotes individual growth and teamwork while keeping focused on how to best serve our customers.
Come explore the opportunities.
Click here to forward us your resume.
- Private Banker (Float)
- Mortgage Loan Originator (Bedford)
- Mortgage Loan Originator (Portsmouth)
- Mortgage Loan Originator (North Hampton)
- Mortgage Loan Originator (Stratham)
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter
- Operations Specialist
Optima Bank & Trust offers a generous benefits package including; health, dental, life, long-term disability, 401K, paid time off, an employee assistance program and paid holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Optima Bank & Trust not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin.
Private BankerPrimary Purpose
The Private Bankerís primary responsibility is to handle the day to day needs of clients and prospective clients with respect to bank teller functions and bank platform functions. The focus is on personal service and relationship banking, which is essential to the bank meeting its goals. They will also support management in handling the day to day sales, service and operations within the office.Requirements
This individual should possess analytical skills, strong client service skills, strong bank product knowledge, strong business development and cross-selling skills. Consumer lending and commercial lending experience are a plus along with at least two years of banking experience.
Mortgage Loan OriginatorPrimary Purpose
In this on-going sales role, the Mortgage Loan Originator continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. A Mortgage Loan Originatorís network may consist of Real Estate professionals, Builders, professional and personal contacts, as well as other valuable referral sources, and is enhanced by the Mortgage Loan Originatorís regular participation in business related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership and professional organizations.
The MLO responds to customer inquiries and referrals that are generated from both their own contacts and from other Optima Bank & Trust business channels. The MLO conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information. The MLO ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years residential mortgage lending experience with a focus on generating self-sourced business.
- Demonstrated success in prospecting, generating leads, closing business and consistently meeting/exceeding production goals.
- Verifiable, established network of referral business including Real Estate professionals and other centers of influence.
- At least 3-5 years in banking preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage processing, underwriting and closing procedures.
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending guidelines.
- Understanding of Federal Regulations governing Real Estate Lending.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
- Strong computer skills including a fundamental understanding of MS applications, database management and previous experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information.
- NMLS required
Mortgage Loan Underwriter
The Mortgage Loan Underwriter is responsible for underwriting the Bankís one-to-four family mortgage and home equity line of credit loans.
Key responsibilities include: Underwriting portfolio mortgages and home equity lines of credit; reviewing application packages to determine completeness and identifying missing documentation required to complete the underwriting process; preparing detailed analysis identifying a loan applicantís capacity for repayment; recommending decisions to Bank management.Requirements
- 3+ years of experience underwriting residential mortgage loan products, including a strong familiarity with secondary market underwriting practices and guidelines
- In-depth experience with automated underwriting software/systems (Desktop Underwriter and/or Loan Prospector, as examples)
- A solid understanding of analyzing individual and business tax returns is required
- General familiarity with commercial loan underwriting concepts and how they relate to residential loan underwriting would be beneficial
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must possess a valid driverís license, be able to drive and have use of a serviceable vehicle that is properly registered with adequate liability insurance as required by state law
Commercial Loan OfficerPrimary Purpose
This position is responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of commercial loans and developing new strategic relationships for the BankRequirements
- Bachelorís Degree in business or finance and/or equivalent work experience
- 5 to 10 years progressively more responsible experience in all aspects of commercial credit and commercial loan generation
- Computer literacy, with specific experience in word processing and excel spreadsheet
- Strong writing, presentation and analysis skills
Assistant Branch ManagerPrimary Purpose
Like the Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Managerís primary responsibility is to oversee the day to day sales, service and operations of the branch are functioning at appropriate levels to work on external business development efforts. The Assistant Managerís focus, along with Management, is on the creation and implementation of the business development initiatives for the branch. The Assistant Manager is also responsible for the critical oversight of the daily business development initiatives of the office personnel and reinforcing relationship banking as the key strategy which are essential to the bank meeting its goals. The Assistant Manager will support the Branch Manager, Senior Management and the Branch in whatever capacity is needed on any given day.Requirements
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Business or related experience in banking or financial services of at least five years. This position also requires a minimum of two years of managerial experience to effectively work with others, have strong business development skills, the ability to work well in a team setting as well as independently and the ability to multi-task. Previous experience with training design, development and delivery is preferred.
- This individual should possess analytical skills, be able to make high level decisions, implement or communicate for corporate or bank purpose. Has the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently. Strong business development/calling skills and possesses strong bank product knowledge. Consumer lending, mortgage lending and some commercial lending experience along with registration with the National Mortgage License System (NMLS) is required.
Operations SpecialistPrimary Purpose
The Operations Specialist administers the day-to day functions related to ACH, ATM/Debit Cards, Checks, Online Banking and operational functions including returns, adjustments, chargebackís, balancing, reconciling and monitoring reports. Essential skills for this position include high quality standards and sound judgment which are necessary to mitigate risk. The Operations Specialist provides superior service to both internal and external customers, adheres to regulatory compliance and Bank policy for electronic banking, and provides product and operational support for all levels of the bank staff.Requirements
- A college degree and at least one or more years of banking experience or at least five years banking experience.
- Basic Computer Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2012 including Excel, Word, and Windows 7.
- Organized, detail oriented, customer focused, good communication skills, able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Must be able to be flexible and adapt to changes in priorities and workflow.
- Good problem solving and decision making abilities.